Due to scheduled maintenance work, this service may not be available on Monday January 22nd between 08.00 am and 9.00 am CEST
To improve security and privacy, we are moving our web pages and services from HTTP to HTTPS.
To give users of web services time to transition to HTTPS, we will support separate HTTP and HTTPS services until the end of 2017.
From January 2018 most HTTP traffic will be automatically redirected to HTTPS. [more...] View this page in https
ENZYME entry: EC 18.104.22.168
View entry in original ENZYME format
View entry in raw text format (no links)
in this entry
|RH + Cl(-) + H(2)O(2) <=> RCl + 2 H(2)O|
- Brings about the chlorination of a range of organic molecules,
forming stable C-Cl bonds.
- Also oxidizes bromide and iodide.
- Enzymes of this type are either heme-thiolate proteins, or contain
- A secreted enzyme produced by the ascomycetous fungus Caldariomyces
fumago (Leptoxyphium fumago) is an example of the heme-thiolate type.
- It catalyzes the production of hypochlorous acid by transferring one
oxygen atom from H(2)O(2) to chloride.
- At a separate site it catalyzes the chlorination of activated
aliphatic and aromatic substrates, via HClO and derived chlorine
- In the absence of halides, it shows peroxidase (e.g. phenol
oxidation) and peroxygenase activities.
- The latter inserts oxygen from H(2)O(2) into, for example, styrene
(side chain epoxidation) and toluene (benzylic hydroxylation),
however, these activities are less pronounced than its activity with
- Has little activity with non-activated substrates such as aromatic
rings, ethers or saturated alkanes.
- The chlorinating peroxidase produced by ascomycetous fungi (e.g.
Curvularia inaequalis) is an example of a vanadium chloroperoxidase,
and is related to bromide peroxidase (EC 22.214.171.124).
- It contains vanadate and oxidizes chloride, bromide and iodide into
- In the absence of halides, it peroxygenates organic sulfides and
oxidizes ABTS (2,2'-azinobis(3-ethylbenzthiazoline-6-sulfonic acid))
but no phenols.
|PRIAM enzyme-specific profiles||126.96.36.199|
|KEGG Ligand Database for Enzyme Nomenclature||188.8.131.52|
|IUBMB Enzyme Nomenclature||184.108.40.206|
|MEDLINE||Find literature relating to 220.127.116.11|
, with possibility to download in different formats, align etc.
entries corresponding to 1.11.1.-
entries corresponding to 1.11.-.-
entries corresponding to 1.-.-.-