ENZYME entry: EC 22.214.171.124
View entry in original ENZYME format
View entry in raw text format (no links)
in this entry
|RH + H(2)O(2) <=> ROH + H(2)O|
- Enzymes of this type include glycoproteins secreted by agaric
- They catalyze the insertion of an oxygen atom from H(2)O(2) into a
wide variety of substrates, including aromatic rings such as
naphthalene, toluene, phenanthrene, pyrene and p-nitrophenol,
recalcitrant heterocycles such as pyridine, dibenzofuran, various
ethers (resulting in O-dealkylation) and alkanes such as propane,
hexane and cyclohexane.
- Reactions catalyzed include hydroxylation, epoxidation, N-oxidation,
sulfooxidation, O- and N-dealkylation, bromination and one-electron
- They have little or no activity toward chloride.
- Mechanistically, the catalytic cycle of unspecific (mono)-
peroxygenases combines elements of the 'shunt' pathway of cytochrome
P450s (a side activity that utilizes a peroxide in place of dioxygen
and NAD(P)H) and the classic heme peroxidase cycle.
|PRIAM enzyme-specific profiles||126.96.36.199|
|KEGG Ligand Database for Enzyme Nomenclature||188.8.131.52|
|IUBMB Enzyme Nomenclature||184.108.40.206|
|MEDLINE||Find literature relating to 220.127.116.11|
, with possibility to download in different formats, align etc.
entries corresponding to 1.11.2.-
entries corresponding to 1.11.-.-
entries corresponding to 1.-.-.-