To improve security and privacy, we are moving our web pages and services from HTTP to HTTPS.
To give users of web services time to transition to HTTPS, we will support separate HTTP and HTTPS services until the end of 2017.
From January 2018 most HTTP traffic will be automatically redirected to HTTPS. [more...] View this page in https
ENZYME entry: EC 22.214.171.124
View entry in original ENZYME format
View entry in raw text format (no links)
in this entry
|Cl(-) + H(2)O(2) + H(+) <=> HClO + H(2)O|
- Is present in phagosomes of neutrophils and monocytes, where the
hypochlorite produced is strongly bactericidal.
- It differs from EC 126.96.36.199 in its preference for formation of
hypochlorite over the chlorination of organic substrates under
physiological conditions (pH 5-8).
- Hypochlorite in turn forms a number of antimicrobial products (Cl(2),
chloramines, hydroxyl radical, singlet oxygen).
- MPO also oxidizes bromide, iodide and thiocyanate.
- In the absence of halides, it oxidizes phenols and has a moderate
peroxygenase activity toward styrene.
|PRIAM enzyme-specific profiles||188.8.131.52|
|KEGG Ligand Database for Enzyme Nomenclature||184.108.40.206|
|IUBMB Enzyme Nomenclature||220.127.116.11|
|MEDLINE||Find literature relating to 18.104.22.168|
, with possibility to download in different formats, align etc.
entries corresponding to 1.11.2.-
entries corresponding to 1.11.-.-
entries corresponding to 1.-.-.-