To improve security and privacy, we are moving our web pages and services from HTTP to HTTPS.
To give users of web services time to transition to HTTPS, we will support separate HTTP and HTTPS services until the end of 2017.
From January 2018 most HTTP traffic will be automatically redirected to HTTPS. [more...] View this page in https
ENZYME entry: EC 126.96.36.199
View entry in original ENZYME format
View entry in raw text format (no links)
in this entry
|Fatty acid hydroxylase.|
|Fatty acid + H(2)O(2) <=> 3- or 2-hydroxy fatty acid + H(2)O|
- A cytosolic heme-thiolate protein with sequence homology to P450
- Unlike the latter, it needs neither NAD(P)H, dioxygen nor specific
reductases for function.
- Enzymes of this type are produced by bacteria (e.g. Sphingomonas
paucimobilis, Bacillus subtilis).
- Catalytic turnover rates are high compared with those of
monooxygenation reactions as well as peroxide shunt reactions
catalyzed by the common P450s.
- A model substrate is myristate, but other saturated and unsaturated
fatty acids are also hydroxylated.
- Oxidizes the peroxidase substrate 3,3,5,5-tetramethylbenzidine (TMB)
and peroxygenates aromatic substrates in a fatty-acid-dependent
|PRIAM enzyme-specific profiles||188.8.131.52|
|KEGG Ligand Database for Enzyme Nomenclature||184.108.40.206|
|IUBMB Enzyme Nomenclature||220.127.116.11|
|MEDLINE||Find literature relating to 18.104.22.168|
, with possibility to download in different formats, align etc.
entries corresponding to 1.11.2.-
entries corresponding to 1.11.-.-
entries corresponding to 1.-.-.-