ENZYME entry: EC 220.127.116.11
View entry in original ENZYME format
View entry in raw text format (no links)
in this entry
|Fatty acid hydroxylase.|
|Fatty acid + H(2)O(2) <=> 3- or 2-hydroxy fatty acid + H(2)O|
- A cytosolic heme-thiolate protein with sequence homology to P450
- Unlike the latter, it needs neither NAD(P)H, dioxygen nor specific
reductases for function.
- Enzymes of this type are produced by bacteria (e.g. Sphingomonas
paucimobilis, Bacillus subtilis).
- Catalytic turnover rates are high compared with those of
monooxygenation reactions as well as peroxide shunt reactions
catalyzed by the common P450s.
- A model substrate is myristate, but other saturated and unsaturated
fatty acids are also hydroxylated.
- Oxidizes the peroxidase substrate 3,3,5,5-tetramethylbenzidine (TMB)
and peroxygenates aromatic substrates in a fatty-acid-dependent
|PRIAM enzyme-specific profiles||18.104.22.168|
|KEGG Ligand Database for Enzyme Nomenclature||22.214.171.124|
|IUBMB Enzyme Nomenclature||126.96.36.199|
|MEDLINE||Find literature relating to 188.8.131.52|
, with possibility to download in different formats, align etc.
entries corresponding to 1.11.2.-
entries corresponding to 1.11.-.-
entries corresponding to 1.-.-.-