ENZYME entry: EC 22.214.171.124
View entry in original ENZYME format
View entry in raw text format (no links)
in this entry
|Ethylnitronate + O(2) <=> acetaldehyde + nitrite + other products|
- Previously classified as EC 126.96.36.199, but it is now recognized that
this was the result of the slow ionization of nitroalkanes to their
nitronate (anionic) forms.
- The enzymes from the fungus Neurospora crassa and the yeast
Williopsis saturnus var. mrakii (formerly classified as Hansenula
mrakii) contain non-covalently bound FMN as the cofactor.
- Neither hydrogen peroxide nor superoxide were detected during enzyme
- Active toward linear alkyl nitronates of lengths between 2 and 6
carbon atoms and, with lower activity, toward propyl-2-nitronate.
- The enzyme from N.crassa can also utilize neutral nitroalkanes,
but with lower activity.
- Formerly EC 188.8.131.52.
|PRIAM enzyme-specific profiles||184.108.40.206|
|KEGG Ligand Database for Enzyme Nomenclature||220.127.116.11|
|IUBMB Enzyme Nomenclature||18.104.22.168|
|MEDLINE||Find literature relating to 22.214.171.124|
|P47177, 2NDP_YEAST; ||O05413, 2NPD_BACSU; ||Q12723, 2NPD_CYBMR; |
|Q01284, 2NPD_NEUCR; ||Q9I4V0, 2NPD_PSEAE; ||A6U025, 2NPD_STAA2; |
|Q2FIF3, 2NPD_STAA3; ||Q2FZX9, 2NPD_STAA8; ||A5IR97, 2NPD_STAA9; |
|Q5HHG4, 2NPD_STAAC; ||A6QFD2, 2NPD_STAAE; ||Q99VF6, 2NPD_STAAN; |
|Q6GIG7, 2NPD_STAAR; ||Q6GB05, 2NPD_STAAS; ||A8Z1H7, 2NPD_STAAT; |
|Q8NXG7, 2NPD_STAAW; ||Q4L4T4, 2NPD_STAHJ; ||Q49W60, 2NPD_STAS1; |
, with possibility to download in different formats, align etc.
entries corresponding to 1.13.12.-
entries corresponding to 1.13.-.-
entries corresponding to 1.-.-.-