To improve security and privacy, we are moving our web pages and services from HTTP to HTTPS.
To give users of web services time to transition to HTTPS, we will support separate HTTP and HTTPS services until the end of 2017.
From January 2018 most HTTP traffic will be automatically redirected to HTTPS. [more...] View this page in https
ENZYME entry: EC 18.104.22.168
View entry in original ENZYME format
View entry in raw text format (no links)
in this entry
- L-tyrosine + O(2) <=> dopaquinone + H(2)O
- 2 L-dopa + O(2) <=> 2 dopaquinone + 2 H(2)O
- Found in a broad variety of bacteria, fungi, plants, insects,
crustaceans, and mammals, which is involved in the synthesis of
betalains and melanin.
- The enzyme, which is activated upon binding molecular oxygen,
can catalyze both a monophenolase reaction cycle or a diphenolase
- During the monophenolase cycle, one of the bound oxygen atoms is
transferred to a monophenol (such as L-tyrosine), generating an
O-diphenol intermediate, which is subsequently oxidized to an
o-quinone and released, along with a water molecule.
- The enzyme remains in an inactive deoxy state, and is restored to the
active oxy state by the binding of a new oxygen molecule.
- During the diphenolase cycle the enzyme binds an external diphenol
molecule (such as L-dopa) and oxidizes it to an O-quinone that is
released along with a water molecule, leaving the enzyme in the
intermediate met state.
- The enzyme then binds a second diphenol molecule and repeats the
process, ending in a deoxy state.
- The second reaction is identical to that catalyzed by the related
enzyme catechol oxidase (EC 22.214.171.124).
- However, the latter can not catalyze the hydroxylation or
monooxygenation of monophenols.
- Formerly EC 126.96.36.199.
|PRIAM enzyme-specific profiles||188.8.131.52|
|KEGG Ligand Database for Enzyme Nomenclature||184.108.40.206|
|IUBMB Enzyme Nomenclature||220.127.116.11|
|MEDLINE||Find literature relating to 18.104.22.168|
|Q00024, PPO1_AGABI; ||O42713, PPO2_AGABI; ||Q9V521, PPO2_DROME; |
|C7FF04, PPO3_AGABI; ||Q8I1F6, PPO3_DROER; ||Q9W1V6, PPO3_DROME; |
|C0HJM0, PPO3_SARAR; ||C7FF05, PPO4_AGABI; ||Q27451, PRP1_BOMMO; |
|O44249, PRP1_MANSE; ||P85046, PRP1_SIMDA; ||Q27452, PRP2_BOMMO; |
|Q25519, PRP2_MANSE; ||Q8J130, TYRO_ASPFU; ||Q00234, TYRO_ASPOR; |
|Q8MIU0, TYRO_BOVIN; ||P54834, TYRO_CANLF; ||P55024, TYRO_CHICK; |
|Q08410, TYRO_COTJA; ||P55033, TYRO_FELCA; ||Q9BDE0, TYRO_GORGO; |
|P14679, TYRO_HUMAN; ||P11344, TYRO_MOUSE; ||P00440, TYRO_NEUCR; |
|P55025, TYRO_ORYLA; ||Q0MVP0, TYRO_PELES; ||Q04604, TYRO_PELNI; |
|P55026, TYRO_PELSI; ||A7BHQ9, TYRO_PHONA; ||Q92396, TYRO_PODAS; |
|P33180, TYRO_RHIML; ||P07524, TYRO_STRAT; ||P06845, TYRO_STRGA; |
|P55022, TYRO_STRGB; ||P55023, TYRO_STRLN; ||B8NM74, USTQ_ASPFN; |
, with possibility to download in different formats, align etc.
entries corresponding to 1.14.18.-
entries corresponding to 1.14.-.-
entries corresponding to 1.-.-.-