Due to scheduled maintenance work, this service may not be available on Monday January 22nd between 08.00 am and 9.00 am CEST
To improve security and privacy, we are moving our web pages and services from HTTP to HTTPS.
To give users of web services time to transition to HTTPS, we will support separate HTTP and HTTPS services until the end of 2017.
From January 2018 most HTTP traffic will be automatically redirected to HTTPS. [more...] View this page in https
ENZYME entry: EC 18.104.22.168
View entry in original ENZYME format
View entry in raw text format (no links)
|Phenylacetyl-CoA + H(2)O + 2 quinone <=> phenylglyoxylyl-CoA + 2 quinol|
- The enzyme is specific for phenylacetyl-CoA as substrate.
- Phenylacetate, acetyl-CoA, benzoyl-CoA, propanoyl-CoA, crotonyl-CoA,
succinyl-CoA and 3-hydroxybenzoyl-CoA cannot act as substrates.
- The oxygen atom introduced into the product, phenylglyoxylyl-CoA,
is derived from water and not molecular oxygen.
- Duroquinone, menaquinone and 2,6-dichlorophenolindophenol (DCPIP) can
act as acceptor, but the likely physiological acceptor is ubiquinone.
- A second enzyme, EC 22.214.171.124 converts the phenylglyoxylyl-CoA formed
|PRIAM enzyme-specific profiles||126.96.36.199|
|KEGG Ligand Database for Enzyme Nomenclature||188.8.131.52|
|IUBMB Enzyme Nomenclature||184.108.40.206|
|MEDLINE||Find literature relating to 220.127.116.11|
entries corresponding to 1.17.5.-
entries corresponding to 1.17.-.-
entries corresponding to 1.-.-.-