To improve security and privacy, we are moving our web pages and services from HTTP to HTTPS.
To give users of web services time to transition to HTTPS, we will support separate HTTP and HTTPS services until the end of 2017.
From January 2018 most HTTP traffic will be automatically redirected to HTTPS. [more...] View this page in https
ENZYME entry: EC 220.127.116.11
View entry in original ENZYME format
View entry in raw text format (no links)
in this entry
|23S rRNA (adenine(2503)-C(8))-methyltransferase.
|2 S-adenosyl-L-methionine + adenine(2503) in 23S rRNA + 2 reduced [2Fe-2S] ferredoxin <=> S-adenosyl-L-homocysteine + L-methionine + 5'-deoxyadenosine + 8-methyladenine(2503) in 23S rRNA + 2 oxidized [2Fe-2S] ferredoxin|
- This enzyme is a member of the 'AdoMet radical' (radical SAM) family.
- S-adenosyl-L-methionine acts as both a radical generator and as the
source of the appended methyl group.
- Cfr is an plasmid-acquired methyltransferase that protects cells from
the action of antibiotics.
- The enzyme methylates adenosine at position 2503 of 23S rRNA by a
radical mechanism, transferring a CH(2) group from S-adenosyl-L-
methionine while retaining the hydrogen at the C-8 position of the
- Cfr first transfers an CH(2) group to a conserved cysteine (Cys(338)
in Staphylococcus aureus), the generated radical from a second
S-adenosyl-L-methionine then attacks the methyl group, exctracting a
- The formed radical forms a covalent intermediate with the adenine
group of the tRNA.
- The enzyme will also methylate 2-methyladenine produced by the action
of EC 18.104.22.168.
|PRIAM enzyme-specific profiles||22.214.171.124|
|KEGG Ligand Database for Enzyme Nomenclature||126.96.36.199|
|IUBMB Enzyme Nomenclature||188.8.131.52|
|MEDLINE||Find literature relating to 184.108.40.206|
|Q5WJ42, CFR_BACSK; ||A7Z1T2, CFR_BACVZ; ||A7FX96, CFR_CLOB1; |
|A5I5U3, CFR_CLOBH; ||B1IL14, CFR_CLOBK; ||A7GH77, CFR_CLOBL; |
|B1KZ37, CFR_CLOBM; ||A9KK15, CFR_LACP7; ||A5HBL2, CFR_STAAU; |
|Q9FBG4, CFR_STASC; ||A2AXI2, CFR_STAWA; |
, with possibility to download in different formats, align etc.
entries corresponding to 2.1.1.-
entries corresponding to 2.1.-.-
entries corresponding to 2.-.-.-