Due to maintenance work, this service will not be available on Monday December 12th between 07.00 am and 9.00 am CEST.
ENZYME entry: EC 126.96.36.199
View entry in original ENZYME format
View entry in raw text format (no links)
in this entry
- S-adenosyl-L-methionine + a 5-hydroxyfurocoumarin <=> S-adenosyl-L-homocysteine + a 5-methoxyfurocoumarin
- S-adenosyl-L-methionine + bergaptol <=> S-adenosyl-L-homocysteine + bergapten
- Converts bergaptol into bergapten, which has therapeutic potential in
the treatment of psoriasis as it has photosensitizing and
- Methylates the 5-hydroxy group of some hydroxy- and methylcoumarins,
such as 5-hydroxyxanthotoxin, but has little activity on non-coumarin
phenols; caffeate, 5-hydroxyferulate and daphnetin are not
- Cu(2+), Zn(2+) and Co(2+) cause enzyme inhibition.
- See also EC 188.8.131.52.
- Formerly EC 184.108.40.206.
|PRIAM enzyme-specific profiles||220.127.116.11|
|KEGG Ligand Database for Enzyme Nomenclature||18.104.22.168|
|IUBMB Enzyme Nomenclature||22.214.171.124|
|MEDLINE||Find literature relating to 126.96.36.199|
, with possibility to download in different formats, align etc.
entries corresponding to 2.1.1.-
entries corresponding to 2.1.-.-
entries corresponding to 2.-.-.-