To improve security and privacy, we are moving our web pages and services from HTTP to HTTPS.
To give users of web services time to transition to HTTPS, we will support separate HTTP and HTTPS services until the end of 2017.
From January 2018 most HTTP traffic will be automatically redirected to HTTPS. [more...] View this page in https
ENZYME entry: EC 126.96.36.1996
View entry in original ENZYME format
View entry in raw text format (no links)
in this entry
|NDP-glucose + 3-phospho-D-glycerate <=> NDP + 2-O-(alpha-D-glucopyranosyl)-3-phospho-D-glycerate|
- The enzyme is involved in biosynthesis of 2-O-(alpha-D-
glucopyranosyl)-D-glycerate via the two-step pathway in which
glucosyl-3-phosphoglycerate synthase catalyzes the conversion of GDP-
glucose and 3-phospho-D-glycerate into 2-O-(alpha-D-glucopyranosyl)-
3-phospho-D-glycerate, which is then converted to 2-O-(alpha-D-
glucopyranosyl)-D-glycerate by EC 188.8.131.52.
- The activity is dependent on divalent cations (Mn(2+), Co(2+),
- The enzyme from Persephonella marina shows moderate flexibility on
the sugar donor concerning the nucleotide moiety (UDP-glucose, ADP-
glucose, GDP-glucose) but is strictly specific for glucose.
- The enzyme is also strictly specific for 3-phospho-D-glycerate as
- The enzyme from Methanococcoides burtonii is strictly specific for
GDP-glucose and 3-phospho-D-glycerate.
- This enzyme catalyzes the first glucosylation step in methylglucose
lipopolysaccharide biosynthesis in mycobacteria.
|PRIAM enzyme-specific profiles||184.108.40.2066|
|KEGG Ligand Database for Enzyme Nomenclature||220.127.116.116|
|IUBMB Enzyme Nomenclature||18.104.22.1686|
|MEDLINE||Find literature relating to 22.214.171.1246|
, with possibility to download in different formats, align etc.
entries corresponding to 2.4.1.-
entries corresponding to 2.4.-.-
entries corresponding to 2.-.-.-