Due to improvement work scheduled on this server, some services may not be fully operational on Tuesday December 12 daytime (CEST
To improve security and privacy, we are moving our web pages and services from HTTP to HTTPS.
To give users of web services time to transition to HTTPS, we will support separate HTTP and HTTPS services until the end of 2017.
From January 2018 most HTTP traffic will be automatically redirected to HTTPS. [more...] View this page in https
ENZYME entry: EC 18.104.22.168
View entry in original ENZYME format
View entry in raw text format (no links)
in this entry
|Cob(I)yrinic acid a,c-diamide adenosyltransferase.
|Aquocob(I)alamin vitamin B12s adenosyltransferase.|
- ATP + cob(I)yrinic acid a,c-diamide <=> triphosphate + adenosylcob(III)yrinic acid a,c-diamide
- ATP + cobinamide <=> triphosphate + adenosylcobinamide
- The corrinoid adenosylation pathway comprises three steps:
(1) Reduction of Co(III) to Co(II) by a one-electron transfer; this
can be carried out by EC 22.214.171.124, or non-enzymically in the presence
of dihydroflavin nucleotides.
(2) Co(II) is reduced to Co(I) in a second single-electron transfer
by EC 126.96.36.199.
(3) The Co(I) conducts a nucleophilic attack on the adenosyl moiety
of ATP to leave the cobalt atom in a Co(III) state (EC 188.8.131.52).
- The enzyme responsible for the adenosylation reaction is the product
of the gene cobO in the aerobic bacterium Pseudomonas denitrificans
and of the gene cobA in the anaerobic bacterium Salmonella
- In P.denitrificans, the enzyme shows specificity for cobyrinic acid
a,c-diamide and the corrinoids that occur later in the biosynthetic
pathway whereas CobA seems to have broader specificity.
- While CobA has a preference for ATP and Mn(2+), it is able to
transfer a variety of nucleosides to the cobalt, including CTP,
UTP and GTP, in decreasing order of preference and to use Mg(2+)
instead of Mn(2+).
|PRIAM enzyme-specific profiles||184.108.40.206|
|KEGG Ligand Database for Enzyme Nomenclature||220.127.116.11|
|IUBMB Enzyme Nomenclature||18.104.22.168|
|MEDLINE||Find literature relating to 22.214.171.124|
|P0A9H6, BTUR_ECOL6; ||P0A9H5, BTUR_ECOLI; ||P31570, BTUR_SALTY; |
|Q9I472, COBO_PSEAE; ||P29930, COBO_PSEDE; ||P65644, EUTT_ECOL6; |
|P65643, EUTT_ECOLI; ||Q9ZFV4, EUTT_SALTY; ||Q58D49, MMAB_BOVIN; |
|Q96EY8, MMAB_HUMAN; ||Q9D273, MMAB_MOUSE; ||O34899, PDUO_BACSU; |
|P45515, PDUO_CITFR; ||P64804, PDUO_MYCBO; ||P53523, PDUO_MYCLE; |
|P9WP98, PDUO_MYCTO; ||P9WP99, PDUO_MYCTU; |
, with possibility to download in different formats, align etc.
entries corresponding to 2.5.1.-
entries corresponding to 2.5.-.-
entries corresponding to 2.-.-.-