Due to scheduled maintenance work, this service may not be available on Monday January 22nd between 08.00 am and 9.00 am CEST
To improve security and privacy, we are moving our web pages and services from HTTP to HTTPS.
To give users of web services time to transition to HTTPS, we will support separate HTTP and HTTPS services until the end of 2017.
From January 2018 most HTTP traffic will be automatically redirected to HTTPS. [more...] View this page in https
ENZYME entry: EC 126.96.36.199
View entry in original ENZYME format
View entry in raw text format (no links)
in this entry
|Bile acid CoA-transferase.
|Bile acid coenzyme A transferase.|
- Lithocholoyl-CoA + cholate <=> lithocholate + choloyl-CoA
- Deoxycholoyl-CoA + cholate <=> deoxycholate + choloyl-CoA
- The enzyme, characterized from the gut bacterium Clostridium
scindens, catalyzes the last step in bile acid 7-alpha-
dehydroxylation, the removal of the CoA moiety from the products.
- By using a transferase rather than hydrolase, the bacteria conserve
the thioester bond energy, saving ATP molecules.
- The enzyme has a broad substrate specificity and can use multiple
acceptors, including allocholate, ursodeoxycholate, and beta-
- Formerly EC 188.8.131.52.
|PRIAM enzyme-specific profiles||184.108.40.206|
|KEGG Ligand Database for Enzyme Nomenclature||220.127.116.11|
|IUBMB Enzyme Nomenclature||18.104.22.168|
|MEDLINE||Find literature relating to 22.214.171.124|
, with possibility to download in different formats, align etc.
entries corresponding to 2.8.3.-
entries corresponding to 2.8.-.-
entries corresponding to 2.-.-.-