To improve security and privacy, we are moving our web pages and services from HTTP to HTTPS.
To give users of web services time to transition to HTTPS, we will support separate HTTP and HTTPS services until the end of 2017.
From January 2018 most HTTP traffic will be automatically redirected to HTTPS. [more...] View this page in https
ENZYME entry: EC 220.127.116.11
View entry in original ENZYME format
View entry in raw text format (no links)
in this entry
|Pheophorbide a + H(2)O <=> pyropheophorbide a + methanol + CO(2)|
- Forms part of the chlorophyll degradation pathway, and is found in
higher plants and in algae.
- In higher plants it participates in de-greening processes such as
fruit ripening, leaf senescence, and flowering.
- Exists in two forms: type 1 is induced by senescence whereas type 2
is constitutively expressed.
- Highly specific for pheophorbide as substrate (with a preference for
pheophorbide a over pheophorbide b) as other chlorophyll derivatives
such as protochlorophyllide a, pheophytin a and c, chlorophyll a and
b, and chlorophyllide a cannot act as substrates.
- Another enzyme, called pheophorbide demethoxycarbonylase (PDC),
produces pyropheophorbide a from pheophorbide a without forming an
intermediate although the precise reaction is not yet known.
|PRIAM enzyme-specific profiles||18.104.22.168|
|KEGG Ligand Database for Enzyme Nomenclature||22.214.171.124|
|IUBMB Enzyme Nomenclature||126.96.36.199|
|MEDLINE||Find literature relating to 188.8.131.52|
, with possibility to download in different formats, align etc.
entries corresponding to 3.1.1.-
entries corresponding to 3.1.-.-
entries corresponding to 3.-.-.-