ENZYME entry: EC 18.104.22.168
View entry in original ENZYME format
View entry in raw text format (no links)
in this entry
|(6-4) photoproduct (in DNA) <=> 2 pyrimidine residues (in DNA)|
- The overall repair reaction consists of two distinct steps, one of
which is light-independent and the other one light-dependent.
- In the initial light-independent step, a 6-iminium ion is thought to
be generated via proton transfer induced by two histidines highly
conserved among the (6-4) photolyases.
- This intermediate spontaneously rearranges to form an oxetane
intermediate by intramolecular nucleophilic attack.
- In the subsequent light-driven reaction, one electron is believed to
be transferred from the fully reduced FAD cofactor (FADH(-)) to the
oxetane intermediate thus forming a neutral FADH radical and an
anionic oxetane radical, which spontaneously fractures.
- The excess electron is then back-transferred to the flavin radical
restoring the fully reduced flavin cofactor and a pair of pyrimidine
|PRIAM enzyme-specific profiles||22.214.171.124|
|KEGG Ligand Database for Enzyme Nomenclature||126.96.36.199|
|IUBMB Enzyme Nomenclature||188.8.131.52|
|MEDLINE||Find literature relating to 184.108.40.206|
, with possibility to download in different formats, align etc.
entries corresponding to 4.1.99.-
entries corresponding to 4.1.-.-
entries corresponding to 4.-.-.-