ENZYME entry: EC 18.104.22.168
View entry in original ENZYME format
View entry in raw text format (no links)
in this entry
|Geranyl-diphosphate <=> (-)-alpha-pinene + diphosphate|
- Cyclase II of Salvia officinalis (sage) gives about equal parts (-)-
alpha-pinene, (-)-beta-pinene and (-)-camphene, plus traces of other
- (3S)-Linalyl diphosphate can also be used by the enzyme in preference
to (3R)-linalyl diphosphate.
- The 4-pro-S-hydrogen of geranyl diphosphate is lost.
- The enzyme from Abies grandis (grand fir) gives roughly equal parts
(-)-alpha-pinene and (-)-beta-pinene.
- However the clone ag11 gave 35% (-)-limonene, 24% (-)-alpha-pinene
and 20% (-)-beta-phellandrene.
- Synthase I from Pinus taeda (loblolly pine) produces (-)-alpha-pinene
with traces of (-)-beta-pinene.
- The enzyme from Picea sitchensis (Sika spruce) forms 70% (-)-alpha-
pinene and 30% (-)-beta-pinene.
- The recombinant PmeTPS1 enzyme from Pseudotsuga menziesii (Douglas
fir) gave roughly equal proportions of (-)-alpha-pinene and (-)-
camphene plus traces of other monoterpenoids.
- See also EC 22.214.171.124, EC 126.96.36.199, EC 188.8.131.52, and EC 184.108.40.206.
- Formerly EC 220.127.116.11, EC 18.104.22.168, and EC 4.2.3.n7.
|PRIAM enzyme-specific profiles||22.214.171.124|
|KEGG Ligand Database for Enzyme Nomenclature||126.96.36.199|
|IUBMB Enzyme Nomenclature||188.8.131.52|
|MEDLINE||Find literature relating to 184.108.40.206|
, with possibility to download in different formats, align etc.
entries corresponding to 4.2.3.-
entries corresponding to 4.2.-.-
entries corresponding to 4.-.-.-