A new class EC 7, Translocases, has been added to the EC list. It will be part of ENZYME from release 2018_10. Read more about EC 7 here.
ENZYME entry: EC 184.108.40.2064
View entry in original ENZYME format
View entry in raw text format (no links)
|Chlorophyll(ide) b reductase.
|Chl b reductase.|
|Chlorophyll b reductase.|
|7(1)-hydroxychlorophyllide a + NAD(P)(+) <=> chlorophyllide b + NAD(P)H|
- Carries out the first step in the conversion of chlorophyll b to
- Involved in chlorophyll degradation, which occurs during leaf
senescence and it also forms part of the chlorophyll cycle, which
interconverts chlorophyll a and b in response to changing light
- While both chlorophyll a and chlorophyll b are found in higher
plants, only breakdown products derived from chlorophyll a are found
in the end products, i.e. non-fluorescent chlorophyll catabolites
- The transition from chlorophyll b, which contains a formyl group on
C7, to chlorophyll a, which contains a methyl group on C7, proceeds
through the intermediate 7(1)-hydroxychlorophyll.
- Another enzyme, which requires ferredoxin but has not been
characterized fully, is required to complete the conversion.
|PRIAM enzyme-specific profiles||220.127.116.114|
|KEGG Ligand Database for Enzyme Nomenclature||18.104.22.1684|
|IUBMB Enzyme Nomenclature||22.214.171.1244|
|MEDLINE||Find literature relating to 126.96.36.1994|
entries corresponding to 1.1.1.-
All ENZYME / UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot entries corresponding to 1.1.-.-
All ENZYME / UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot entries corresponding to 1.-.-.-