A new class EC 7, Translocases, has been added to the EC list. It will be part of ENZYME from release 2018_10. Read more about EC 7 here.
ENZYME entry: EC 188.8.131.52
View entry in original ENZYME format
View entry in raw text format (no links)
|Biphenyl-2,3-diol + O(2) <=> 2-hydroxy-6-oxo-6-phenylhexa-2,4-dienoate|
|Mn(2+) or Fe cation.
- This enzyme participates in the degradation pathway of biphenyl and
PCB (poly chlorinated biphenyls), and catalyzes the first ring
cleavage step by incorporating two oxygen atoms into the catechol
ring formed by EC 184.108.40.206.
- The enzyme from the bacterium Burkholderia xenovorans LB400 can also
process catechol, 3-methylcatechol, and 4-methylcatechol, but less
- The enzyme from the carbazole-degrader Pseudomonas resinovorans
strain CA10 also accepts 2'-aminobiphenyl-2,3-diol.
- The enzyme from Ralstonia sp. SBUG 290 can also accept 1,2-
dihydroxydibenzofuran and 1,2-dihydroxynaphthalene.
- The enzyme is strongly inhibited by the substrate.
- Not identical with EC 220.127.116.11.
|PRIAM enzyme-specific profiles||18.104.22.168|
|KEGG Ligand Database for Enzyme Nomenclature||22.214.171.124|
|IUBMB Enzyme Nomenclature||126.96.36.199|
|MEDLINE||Find literature relating to 188.8.131.52|
entries corresponding to 1.13.11.-
All ENZYME / UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot entries corresponding to 1.13.-.-
All ENZYME / UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot entries corresponding to 1.-.-.-