A new class EC 7, Translocases, has been added to the EC list. It will be part of ENZYME from release 2018_10. Read more about EC 7 here.
ENZYME entry: EC 220.127.116.11
View entry in original ENZYME format
View entry in raw text format (no links)
|Beta-carotene + O(2) <=> 2 all-trans-retinal|
- The enzyme cleaves beta-carotene symmetrically, producing two
molecules of all-trans-retinal.
- Both atoms of the oxygen molecule are incorporated into the products.
- The enzyme can also process beta-cryptoxanthin, 8'-apo-beta-
carotenal, 4'-apo-beta-carotenal, alpha-carotene and gamma-carotene
in decreasing order.
- The presence of at least one unsubstituted beta-ionone ring in a
substrate greater than C(30) is mandatory.
- A prokaryotic enzyme has been reported from the uncultured marine
bacterium 66A03, where it is involved in the proteorhodopsin system,
which uses retinal as its chromophore.
- Formerly EC 1.13.11.n2.
|PRIAM enzyme-specific profiles||18.104.22.168|
|KEGG Ligand Database for Enzyme Nomenclature||22.214.171.124|
|IUBMB Enzyme Nomenclature||126.96.36.199|
|MEDLINE||Find literature relating to 188.8.131.52|
entries corresponding to 1.13.11.-
All ENZYME / UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot entries corresponding to 1.13.-.-
All ENZYME / UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot entries corresponding to 1.-.-.-