ENZYME entry: EC 220.127.116.11
View entry in original ENZYME format
View entry in raw text format (no links)
|FMNH(2) + NADH + O(2) <=> 5,6-dimethylbenzimidazole + D-erythrose 4-phosphate + NAD(+) + other product(s)|
- The enzyme catalyzes a complex oxygen-dependent conversion of reduced
flavin mononucleotide to form 5,6-dimethylbenzimidazole, the lower
ligand of vitamin B12.
- This conversion involves many sequential steps in two distinct
stages, and an alloxan intermediate that acts as a proton donor,
a proton acceptor, and a hydride acceptor.
- The C-2 of 5,6-dimethylbenzimidazole is derived from C-1' of the
ribityl group of FMNH(2) and 2-H from the ribityl 1'-pro-S hydrogen.
- While D-erythrose 4-phosphate has been shown to be one of the
byproducts, the nature of the other product(s) has not been verified
- Formerly EC 18.104.22.168.
|PRIAM enzyme-specific profiles||22.214.171.124|
|KEGG Ligand Database for Enzyme Nomenclature||126.96.36.199|
|IUBMB Enzyme Nomenclature||188.8.131.52|
|MEDLINE||Find literature relating to 184.108.40.206|
entries corresponding to 1.13.11.-
All ENZYME / UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot entries corresponding to 1.13.-.-
All ENZYME / UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot entries corresponding to 1.-.-.-