ENZYME entry: EC 126.96.36.199
View entry in original ENZYME format
View entry in raw text format (no links)
|Fatty acid alpha-dioxygenase.
|A fatty acid + O(2) <=> a (2R)-2-hydroperoxyfatty acid|
- Contains heme.
- This plant enzyme catalyzes the (2R)-hydroperoxidation of fatty
- It differs from lipoxygenases and cyclooxygenases in that the oxygen
addition does not target an unsaturated region in the fatty acid.
- In vitro the product undergoes spontaneous decarboxylation, resulting
in formation of a chain-shortened aldehyde.
- In vivo the product may be reduced to a (2R)-2-hydroxyfatty acid.
- The enzyme, which is involved in responses to different abiotic and
biotic stresses, has a wide substrate range that includes both
saturated and unsaturated fatty acids.
|PRIAM enzyme-specific profiles||188.8.131.52|
|KEGG Ligand Database for Enzyme Nomenclature||184.108.40.206|
|IUBMB Enzyme Nomenclature||220.127.116.11|
|MEDLINE||Find literature relating to 18.104.22.168|
|Rhea expert-curated reactions||22.214.171.124|
entries corresponding to 1.13.11.-
All ENZYME / UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot entries corresponding to 1.13.-.-
All ENZYME / UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot entries corresponding to 1.-.-.-