ENZYME entry: EC 126.96.36.199
View entry in original ENZYME format
View entry in raw text format (no links)
|Ethylnitronate + O(2) <=> acetaldehyde + nitrite + other products|
- Previously classified as EC 188.8.131.52, but it is now recognized that
this was the result of the slow ionization of nitroalkanes to their
nitronate (anionic) forms.
- The enzymes from the fungus Neurospora crassa and the yeast
Williopsis saturnus var. mrakii (formerly classified as Hansenula
mrakii) contain non-covalently bound FMN as the cofactor.
- Neither hydrogen peroxide nor superoxide were detected during enzyme
- Active toward linear alkyl nitronates of lengths between 2 and 6
carbon atoms and, with lower activity, toward propyl-2-nitronate.
- The enzyme from N.crassa can also utilize neutral nitroalkanes,
but with lower activity.
- Formerly EC 184.108.40.206.
|PRIAM enzyme-specific profiles||220.127.116.11|
|KEGG Ligand Database for Enzyme Nomenclature||18.104.22.168|
|IUBMB Enzyme Nomenclature||22.214.171.124|
|MEDLINE||Find literature relating to 126.96.36.199|
|Rhea expert-curated reactions||188.8.131.52|
entries corresponding to 1.13.12.-
All ENZYME / UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot entries corresponding to 1.13.-.-
All ENZYME / UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot entries corresponding to 1.-.-.-