Home  |  Contact

ENZYME entry: EC 1.13.12.9

Accepted Name
phenylalanine 2-monooxygenase.
Alternative Name(s)
L-phenylalanine oxidase (deaminating and decarboxylating).
phenylalanine (deaminating, decarboxylating) oxidase.
Reaction catalysed
L-phenylalanine + O2 <=> 2-phenylacetamide + CO2 + H2O
Comment(s)
The reaction shown above is about 80% of the reaction catalyzed; the remaining 20% is: L-phenylalanine + O2 + H2O = 3-phenylpyruvic acid + NH3 + H2O2, a reaction similar to that of EC 1.4.3.2.
Cross-references
BRENDA1.13.12.9
EC2PDB1.13.12.9
ExplorEnz1.13.12.9
PRIAM enzyme-specific profiles1.13.12.9
KEGG Ligand Database for Enzyme Nomenclature1.13.12.9
IUBMB Enzyme Nomenclature1.13.12.9
IntEnz1.13.12.9
MEDLINEFind literature relating to 1.13.12.9
MetaCyc1.13.12.9
Rhea expert-curated reactions1.13.12.9
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot
Q5W9R9, PAO_PSESP

View entry in original ENZYME format
View entry in raw text format (no links)
All UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot entries referenced in this entry, with possibility to download in different formats, align etc.
All ENZYME / UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot entries corresponding to 1.13.12.-
All ENZYME / UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot entries corresponding to 1.13.-.-
All ENZYME / UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot entries corresponding to 1.-.-.-