A new class EC 7, Translocases, has been added to the EC list. It will be part of ENZYME from release 2018_10. Read more about EC 7 here.
ENZYME entry: EC 188.8.131.52
View entry in original ENZYME format
View entry in raw text format (no links)
|Nitrobenzene + NADH + O(2) <=> catechol + nitrite + NAD(+)|
- This enzyme is a member of the naphthalene family of bacterial Rieske
non-heme iron dioxygenases.
- It comprises a multicomponent system, containing a Rieske [2Fe-2S]
ferredoxin, an NADH-dependent flavoprotein reductase (EC 184.108.40.206),
and an alpha-3-beta-3 oxygenase.
- The enzyme forms of a cis-dihydroxylated product that spontaneously
rearranges to form a catechol with accompanying release of nitrite.
- It can typically act on many different nitroaromatic compounds,
including chlorinated species.
- Enzymes found in different strains may have different substrate
|PRIAM enzyme-specific profiles||220.127.116.11|
|KEGG Ligand Database for Enzyme Nomenclature||18.104.22.168|
|IUBMB Enzyme Nomenclature||22.214.171.124|
|MEDLINE||Find literature relating to 126.96.36.199|
entries corresponding to 1.14.12.-
All ENZYME / UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot entries corresponding to 1.14.-.-
All ENZYME / UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot entries corresponding to 1.-.-.-