ENZYME entry: EC 220.127.116.11
View entry in original ENZYME format
View entry in raw text format (no links)
|Assimilatory dimethylsulfide S-monooxygenase.
- Dimethyl sulfide + NADH + O(2) <=> dimethyl sulfoxide + NAD(+) + H(2)O
- Dimethyl sulfoxide + NADH + O(2) <=> dimethyl sulfone + NAD(+) + H(2)O
- The enzyme, studied from the bacterium Acinetobacter sp. strain 20B,
is very similar to EC 18.104.22.168.
- It consists of a multisubunit oxygenease component that contains the
active site and a dinuclear iron center, a reductase component that
contains FAD and one iron-sulfur cluster, and a regulatory component.
- The three components comprise five different polypeptides.
- The enzyme catalyzes the first two steps of a dimethyl sulfide
oxidation pathway in this organism.
|PRIAM enzyme-specific profiles||22.214.171.124|
|KEGG Ligand Database for Enzyme Nomenclature||126.96.36.199|
|IUBMB Enzyme Nomenclature||188.8.131.52|
|MEDLINE||Find literature relating to 184.108.40.206|
|Rhea expert-curated reactions||220.127.116.11|
entries corresponding to 1.14.13.-
All ENZYME / UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot entries corresponding to 1.14.-.-
All ENZYME / UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot entries corresponding to 1.-.-.-