ENZYME entry: EC 188.8.131.52
View entry in original ENZYME format
View entry in raw text format (no links)
|assimilatory dimethylsulfide S-monooxygenase.
- dimethyl sulfide + H(+) + NADH + O2 <=> dimethyl sulfoxide + H2O + NAD(+)
- dimethyl sulfoxide + H(+) + NADH + O2 <=> dimethyl sulfone + H2O + NAD(+)
- The enzyme, studied from the bacterium Acinetobacter sp. strain 20B,
is very similar to EC 184.108.40.206.
- It consists of a multisubunit oxygenease component that contains the
active site and a dinuclear iron center, a reductase component that
contains FAD and one iron-sulfur cluster, and a regulatory component.
- The three components comprise five different polypeptides.
- The enzyme catalyzes the first two steps of a dimethyl sulfide
oxidation pathway in this organism.
|PRIAM enzyme-specific profiles||220.127.116.11|
|KEGG Ligand Database for Enzyme Nomenclature||18.104.22.168|
|IUBMB Enzyme Nomenclature||22.214.171.124|
|MEDLINE||Find literature relating to 126.96.36.199|
|Rhea expert-curated reactions||188.8.131.52|
entries corresponding to 1.14.13.-
All ENZYME / UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot entries corresponding to 1.14.-.-
All ENZYME / UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot entries corresponding to 1.-.-.-