ENZYME entry: EC 126.96.36.199
View entry in original ENZYME format
View entry in raw text format (no links)
|Heme a synthase.
|Ferroheme o + H(2)O + 2 acceptor <=> ferroheme a + 2 reduced acceptor|
- Contains a heme b cofactor.
- The enzyme catalyzes the conversion of heme o to heme a by two
successive hydroxylations of the methyl group at C-8, using water as
the oxygen source.
- The first hydroxylation forms heme i, the second hydroxylation
results in an unstable dihydroxymethyl group, which spontaneously
dehydrates, resulting in the formyl group of heme a.
- The electrons produced by the reaction are transferred to a heme b
- However, the electron acceptor that is used to restore the heme b
cofactor to its oxidized state is still not known (both a
thioredoxin-like protein and menaquinol have been proposed).
|PRIAM enzyme-specific profiles||188.8.131.52|
|KEGG Ligand Database for Enzyme Nomenclature||184.108.40.206|
|IUBMB Enzyme Nomenclature||220.127.116.11|
|MEDLINE||Find literature relating to 18.104.22.168|
|Rhea expert-curated reactions||22.214.171.124|
entries corresponding to 1.17.99.-
All ENZYME / UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot entries corresponding to 1.17.-.-
All ENZYME / UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot entries corresponding to 1.-.-.-