A new class EC 7, Translocases, has been added to the EC list. It will be part of ENZYME from release 2018_10. Read more about EC 7 here.
ENZYME entry: EC 184.108.40.206
View entry in original ENZYME format
View entry in raw text format (no links)
|Methanol--corrinoid protein Co-methyltransferase.
|Methanol + a [Co(I) methanol-specific corrinoid protein] <=> a [methyl-Co(III) methanol-specific corrinoid protein] + H(2)O|
- The enzyme, which catalyzes the transfer of methyl groups from
methanol to a methanol-specific corrinoid protein (MtaC), is involved
in methanogenesis from methanol.
- Methylation of the corrinoid protein requires the central cobalt to
be in the Co(I) state.
- During methylation the cobalt is oxidized to the Co(III) state.
- Free cob(I)alamin can substitute for the corrinoid protein in vitro.
- Inactivated by oxygen and other oxidizing agents, and reactivated by
catalytic amounts of ATP and hydrogen.
|PRIAM enzyme-specific profiles||220.127.116.11|
|KEGG Ligand Database for Enzyme Nomenclature||18.104.22.168|
|IUBMB Enzyme Nomenclature||22.214.171.124|
|MEDLINE||Find literature relating to 126.96.36.199|
entries corresponding to 2.1.1.-
All ENZYME / UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot entries corresponding to 2.1.-.-
All ENZYME / UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot entries corresponding to 2.-.-.-