A new class EC 7, Translocases, has been added to the EC list. It will be part of ENZYME from release 2018_10. Read more about EC 7 here.
ENZYME entry: EC 126.96.36.199
View entry in original ENZYME format
View entry in raw text format (no links)
|6-deoxyerythronolide B synthase.|
|Deoxyerythronolide B synthase.|
|Propanoyl-CoA + 6 (2S)-methylmalonyl-CoA + 6 NADPH <=> 6-deoxyerythronolide B + 7 CoA + 6 CO(2) + H(2)O + 6 NADP(+)|
- The product, 6-deoxyerythronolide B, contains a 14-membered lactone
ring and is an intermediate in the biosynthesis of erythromycin
- Biosynthesis of 6-deoxyerythronolide B requires 28 active sites that
are precisely arranged along three large polypeptides, denoted DEBS1,
-2 and -3.
- The polyketide product is synthesized by the processive action of a
loading didomain, six extension modules and a terminal thioesterase
- Each extension module contains a minimum of a ketosynthase (KS),
an acyltransferase (AT) and an acyl-carrier protein (ACP).
- The KS domain both accepts the growing polyketide chain from the
previous module and catalyzes the subsequent decarboxylative
condensation between this substrate and an ACP-bound methylmalonyl
extender unit, introduce by the AT domain.
- This combined effort gives rise to a new polyketide intermediate that
has been extended by two carbon atoms.
|PRIAM enzyme-specific profiles||188.8.131.52|
|KEGG Ligand Database for Enzyme Nomenclature||184.108.40.206|
|IUBMB Enzyme Nomenclature||220.127.116.11|
|MEDLINE||Find literature relating to 18.104.22.168|
entries corresponding to 2.3.1.-
All ENZYME / UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot entries corresponding to 2.3.-.-
All ENZYME / UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot entries corresponding to 2.-.-.-