A new class EC 7, Translocases, has been added to the EC list. It will be part of ENZYME from release 2018_10. Read more about EC 7 here.
ENZYME entry: EC 22.214.171.124
View entry in original ENZYME format
View entry in raw text format (no links)
- Diacylglycerol + H(2)O <=> monoacylglycerol + a carboxylate
- Triacylglycerol + H(2)O <=> diacylglycerol + a carboxylate
- Monoacylglycerol + H(2)O <=> glycerol + a carboxylate
- This enzyme is a serine hydrolase.
- Compared with other lipases, hormone-sensitive lipase has a uniquely
broad substrate specificity.
- It hydrolyzes all acylglycerols (triacylglycerol, diacylglycerol and
monoacylglycerol) as well as cholesteryl esters, steroid fatty acid
esters, retinyl esters and p-nitrophenyl esters.
- It exhibits a preference for the 1- or 3-ester bond of its
acylglycerol substrate compared with the 2-ester bond.
- The enzyme shows little preference for the fatty acids in the
triacylglycerol, although there is some increase in activity with
decreasing chain length.
- The enzyme activity is increased in response to hormones that elevate
intracellular levels of cAMP.
|PRIAM enzyme-specific profiles||126.96.36.199|
|KEGG Ligand Database for Enzyme Nomenclature||188.8.131.52|
|IUBMB Enzyme Nomenclature||184.108.40.206|
|MEDLINE||Find literature relating to 220.127.116.11|
entries corresponding to 3.1.1.-
All ENZYME / UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot entries corresponding to 3.1.-.-
All ENZYME / UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot entries corresponding to 3.-.-.-