A new class EC 7, Translocases, has been added to the EC list. It will be part of ENZYME from release 2018_10. Read more about EC 7 here.
ENZYME entry: EC 126.96.36.199
View entry in original ENZYME format
View entry in raw text format (no links)
|Pheophorbide a + H(2)O <=> pyropheophorbide a + methanol + CO(2)|
- Forms part of the chlorophyll degradation pathway, and is found in
higher plants and in algae.
- In higher plants it participates in de-greening processes such as
fruit ripening, leaf senescence, and flowering.
- Exists in two forms: type 1 is induced by senescence whereas type 2
is constitutively expressed.
- Highly specific for pheophorbide as substrate (with a preference for
pheophorbide a over pheophorbide b) as other chlorophyll derivatives
such as protochlorophyllide a, pheophytin a and c, chlorophyll a and
b, and chlorophyllide a cannot act as substrates.
- Another enzyme, called pheophorbide demethoxycarbonylase (PDC),
produces pyropheophorbide a from pheophorbide a without forming an
intermediate although the precise reaction is not yet known.
|PRIAM enzyme-specific profiles||188.8.131.52|
|KEGG Ligand Database for Enzyme Nomenclature||184.108.40.206|
|IUBMB Enzyme Nomenclature||220.127.116.11|
|MEDLINE||Find literature relating to 18.104.22.168|
entries corresponding to 3.1.1.-
All ENZYME / UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot entries corresponding to 3.1.-.-
All ENZYME / UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot entries corresponding to 3.-.-.-