ENZYME entry: EC 22.214.171.124
View entry in original ENZYME format
View entry in raw text format (no links)
in this entry
|Pheophorbide a + H(2)O <=> pyropheophorbide a + methanol + CO(2)|
- Forms part of the chlorophyll degradation pathway, and is found in
higher plants and in algae.
- In higher plants it participates in de-greening processes such as
fruit ripening, leaf senescence, and flowering.
- Exists in two forms: type 1 is induced by senescence whereas type 2
is constitutively expressed.
- Highly specific for pheophorbide as substrate (with a preference for
pheophorbide a over pheophorbide b) as other chlorophyll derivatives
such as protochlorophyllide a, pheophytin a and c, chlorophyll a and
b, and chlorophyllide a cannot act as substrates.
- Another enzyme, called pheophorbide demethoxycarbonylase (PDC),
produces pyropheophorbide a from pheophorbide a without forming an
intermediate although the precise reaction is not yet known.
|PRIAM enzyme-specific profiles||126.96.36.199|
|KEGG Ligand Database for Enzyme Nomenclature||188.8.131.52|
|IUBMB Enzyme Nomenclature||184.108.40.206|
|MEDLINE||Find literature relating to 220.127.116.11|
, with possibility to download in different formats, align etc.
entries corresponding to 3.1.1.-
entries corresponding to 3.1.-.-
entries corresponding to 3.-.-.-