Due to work on this service, it may not be fully operational on Wednesday March 20 between 1.30 pm and 2.30 pm CEST
. Apologies for the incovenience.
A new class EC 7, Translocases, has been added to the EC list. It will be part of ENZYME from release 2018_10. Read more about EC 7 here.
ENZYME entry: EC 220.127.116.11
View entry in original ENZYME format
View entry in raw text format (no links)
|Hydrolysis of (1->4)-D-glucosidic linkages in xyloglucans so as to successively remove oligosaccharides from the chain end|
- The enzyme removes XXXG heptasaccharides, XXLG/XLXG octasaccharides
and XLLG nonasaccharides from the end of tamarind seed xyloglucan
polymers in a processive manner.
- Hydrolysis occurs at the unsubstituted D-glucopyranose residue in the
- It is not known whether the cleavage takes place at the reducing or
non-reducing end of the polymer.
- Very low activity with beta-D-glucans.
- The enzyme from Chrysosporium lucknowense shifts to an endoglucanase
mode when acting on linear substrates without bulky substituents on
the polymeric backbone such as barley beta-glucan.
- Formerly EC 18.104.22.168.
|PRIAM enzyme-specific profiles||22.214.171.124|
|KEGG Ligand Database for Enzyme Nomenclature||126.96.36.199|
|IUBMB Enzyme Nomenclature||188.8.131.52|
|MEDLINE||Find literature relating to 184.108.40.206|
entries corresponding to 3.2.1.-
All ENZYME / UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot entries corresponding to 3.2.-.-
All ENZYME / UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot entries corresponding to 3.-.-.-