Due to scheduled maintenance work, this service will not be available from Tuesday August 23rd 06:00 pm until Wednesday August 24th 08:00 am CEST
. Apologies for the inconvenience.
ENZYME entry: EC 18.104.22.168
View entry in original ENZYME format
View entry in raw text format (no links)
|ginsenosidase type I.
- a protopanaxadiol-type ginsenoside with two glucosyl residues at position 3 + H2O <=> a protopanaxadiol-type ginsenoside with one glucosyl residue at position 3 + D-glucopyranose
- a protopanaxadiol-type ginsenoside with one glucosyl residue at position 3 + H2O <=> a protopanaxadiol-type ginsenoside with no glycosidic modifications at position 3 + D-glucopyranose
- a protopanaxadiol-type ginsenoside with two glycosyl residues at position 20 + H2O <=> a protopanaxadiol-type ginsenoside with a single glucosyl residue at position 20 + a monosaccharide
- The enzyme hydrolyzes the 3-O-beta-D-(1->2)-glucosidic bond, the 3-O-
beta-D-glucopyranosyl bond and the 20-O-beta-D-(1->6)-glycosidic bond
of protopanaxadiol-type ginsenosides.
- It usually leaves a single glucosyl residue attached at position 20
and one or no glucosyl residues at position 3.
- Starting with a ginsenoside that is glycosylated at both positions
(e.g. ginsenoside Rb1, Rb2, Rb3, Rc or Rd), the most common products
are ginsenoside F2 and ginsenoside C-K, with low amounts of
|PRIAM enzyme-specific profiles||22.214.171.124|
|KEGG Ligand Database for Enzyme Nomenclature||126.96.36.199|
|IUBMB Enzyme Nomenclature||188.8.131.52|
|MEDLINE||Find literature relating to 184.108.40.206|
|Rhea expert-curated reactions||220.127.116.11|
entries corresponding to 3.2.1.-
All ENZYME / UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot entries corresponding to 3.2.-.-
All ENZYME / UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot entries corresponding to 3.-.-.-