Due to maintenance work, this service will be unavailable Mon Feb 13 between
Apologies for the inconvenience.
ENZYME entry: EC 220.127.116.11
View entry in original ENZYME format
View entry in raw text format (no links)
|glycosyl ceramide glycosylhydrolase.|
- glycosyl-N-acylsphingosine + H2O <=> N-acylsphingosine + a sugar
- a beta-D-galactosyl-N-acylsphingosine + H2O <=> a ceramide + beta-D-galactose
- a flavonoid-O-beta-D-glucoside + H2O <=> a flavonoid + beta-D-glucose
- The enzyme, found in the intestinal mucosa, hydrolyzes beta-D-
glucosyl and beta-D-galactosyl residues from a very broad range of
substrates using a retaining mechanism.
- Characterized substrates include glucosyl- and galactosyl-ceramides,
O(3)-, O(4') and O(7)-glucosylated flavonoids, and the 2'-O-
glucosylated dihydrochalcone phlorizin.
- The enzyme includes two glycosyl hydrolase domains, both belonging to
the GH1 family.
- While one domain is responsible for the activity described here,
the other catalyzes the reaction of EC 18.104.22.168. cf. EC 22.214.171.124 and
|PRIAM enzyme-specific profiles||126.96.36.199|
|KEGG Ligand Database for Enzyme Nomenclature||188.8.131.52|
|IUBMB Enzyme Nomenclature||184.108.40.206|
|MEDLINE||Find literature relating to 220.127.116.11|
|Rhea expert-curated reactions||18.104.22.168|
entries corresponding to 3.2.1.-
All ENZYME / UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot entries corresponding to 3.2.-.-
All ENZYME / UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot entries corresponding to 3.-.-.-