A new class EC 7, Translocases, has been added to the EC list. It will be part of ENZYME from release 2018_10. Read more about EC 7 here.
ENZYME entry: EC 22.214.171.124
View entry in original ENZYME format
View entry in raw text format (no links)
in this entry
|Acyl-homoserine lactone acylase.|
|N-acyl-homoserine lactone acylase.|
|Quorum-quenching AHL acylase.|
|An N-acyl-L-homoserine lactone + H(2)O <=> L-homoserine lactone + a carboxylate|
- Acyl-homoserine lactones (AHLs) are produced by a number of bacterial
species and are used by them to regulate the expression of virulence
genes in a process known as quorum-sensing.
- Each bacterial cell has a basal level of AHL and, once the population
density reaches a critical level, it triggers AHL-signaling which,
in turn, initiates the expression of particular virulence genes.
- Plants or animals capable of degrading AHLs would have a therapeutic
advantage in avoiding bacterial infection as they could prevent AHL-
signaling and the expression of virulence genes in quorum-sensing
- This quorum-quenching enzyme removes the fatty-acid side chain from
the homoserine lactone ring of AHL-dependent quorum-sensing signal
- It has broad specificity for AHLs with side changes ranging in length
from 11 to 14 carbons.
- Substituents at the 3'-position, as found in N-(3-oxododecanoyl)-L-
homoserine lactone, do not affect this activity.
|PRIAM enzyme-specific profiles||126.96.36.199|
|KEGG Ligand Database for Enzyme Nomenclature||188.8.131.52|
|IUBMB Enzyme Nomenclature||184.108.40.206|
|MEDLINE||Find literature relating to 220.127.116.11|
|Q48KB0, PVDQ_PSE14; ||Q9I194, PVDQ_PSEAE; ||Q4KCM5, PVDQ_PSEF5; |
|Q3KD51, PVDQ_PSEPF; ||Q88IU8, PVDQ_PSEPK; ||Q884D2, PVDQ_PSESM; |
|Q4ZV08, PVDQ_PSEU2; ||Q48LS4, QUIP_PSE14; ||Q9I4U2, QUIP_PSEAE; |
|Q4KH86, QUIP_PSEF5; ||Q3KH00, QUIP_PSEPF; ||Q88NU6, QUIP_PSEPK; |
|Q87XP3, QUIP_PSESM; ||Q4ZPM1, QUIP_PSEU2; |
, with possibility to download in different formats, align etc.
entries corresponding to 3.5.1.-
entries corresponding to 3.5.-.-
entries corresponding to 3.-.-.-