ENZYME entry: EC 126.96.36.199
View entry in original ENZYME format
View entry in raw text format (no links)
in this entry
|Biphenyl-2,3-diol + O(2) <=> 2-hydroxy-6-oxo-6-phenylhexa-2,4-dienoate|
|Manganese or iron.
- This enzyme participates in the degradation pathway of biphenyl and
PCB (poly chlorinated biphenyls), and catalyzes the first ring
cleavage step by incorporating two oxygen atoms into the catechol
ring formed by EC 188.8.131.52.
- The enzyme from the bacterium Burkholderia xenovorans LB400 can also
process catechol, 3-methylcatechol, and 4-methylcatechol, but less
- The enzyme from the carbazole-degrader Pseudomonas resinovorans
strain CA10 also accepts 2'-aminobiphenyl-2,3-diol.
- The enzyme from Ralstonia sp. SBUG 290 can also accept 1,2-
dihydroxydibenzofuran and 1,2-dihydroxynaphthalene.
- The enzyme is strongly inhibited by the substrate.
- Not identical with EC 184.108.40.206.
|PRIAM enzyme-specific profiles||220.127.116.11|
|KEGG Ligand Database for Enzyme Nomenclature||18.104.22.168|
|IUBMB Enzyme Nomenclature||22.214.171.124|
|MEDLINE||Find literature relating to 126.96.36.199|
, with possibility to download in different formats, align etc.
entries corresponding to 1.13.11.-
entries corresponding to 1.13.-.-
entries corresponding to 1.-.-.-