To improve security and privacy, we are moving our web pages and services from HTTP to HTTPS.
To give users of web services time to transition to HTTPS, we will support separate HTTP and HTTPS services until the end of 2017.
From January 2018 most HTTP traffic will be automatically redirected to HTTPS. [more...] View this page in https
ENZYME entry: EC 188.8.131.52
View entry in original ENZYME format
View entry in raw text format (no links)
in this entry
|Beta-carotene + O(2) <=> 2 all-trans-retinal|
- The enzyme cleaves beta-carotene symmetrically, producing two
molecules of all-trans-retinal.
- Both atoms of the oxygen molecule are incorporated into the products.
- The enzyme can also process beta-cryptoxanthin, 8'-apo-beta-
carotenal, 4'-apo-beta-carotenal, alpha-carotene and gamma-carotene
in decreasing order.
- The presence of at least one unsubstituted beta-ionone ring in a
substrate greater than C(30) is mandatory.
- A prokaryotic enzyme has been reported from the uncultured marine
bacterium 66A03, where it is involved in the proteorhodopsin system,
which uses retinal as its chromophore.
- Formerly EC 1.13.11.n2.
|PRIAM enzyme-specific profiles||184.108.40.206|
|KEGG Ligand Database for Enzyme Nomenclature||220.127.116.11|
|IUBMB Enzyme Nomenclature||18.104.22.168|
|MEDLINE||Find literature relating to 22.214.171.124|
, with possibility to download in different formats, align etc.
entries corresponding to 1.13.11.-
entries corresponding to 1.13.-.-
entries corresponding to 1.-.-.-