ENZYME entry: EC 22.214.171.124
View entry in original ENZYME format
View entry in raw text format (no links)
in this entry
|Anaerobic carbon-monoxide dehydrogenase.
|Carbon-monoxide dehydrogenase (ferredoxin).|
|CO + H(2)O + 2 oxidized ferredoxin <=> CO(2) + 2 reduced ferredoxin + 2 H(+)|
|Fe cation; Ni(2+); Zn(2+).
- This prokaryotic enzyme catalyzes the reversible reduction of CO(2)
- The electrons are transferred to redox proteins such as ferredoxin.
- In purple sulfur bacteria and methanogenic archaea it catalyzes the
oxidation of CO to CO(2), which is incorporated by the Calvin-Benson-
Basham cycle or released, respectively.
- In acetogenic and sulfate-reducing microbes it catalyzes the
reduction of CO(2) to CO, which is incorporated into acetyl CoA by
EC 126.96.36.199, with which the enzyme forms a tight complex in those
- In purple sulfur bacteria the enzyme forms complexes with the Ni-Fe-S
protein EC 188.8.131.52 which catalyze the overall reaction: CO + H(2)O =
CO(2) + H(2).
- Cf. EC 184.108.40.206.
|PRIAM enzyme-specific profiles||220.127.116.11|
|KEGG Ligand Database for Enzyme Nomenclature||18.104.22.168|
|IUBMB Enzyme Nomenclature||22.214.171.124|
|MEDLINE||Find literature relating to 126.96.36.199|
, with possibility to download in different formats, align etc.
entries corresponding to 1.2.7.-
entries corresponding to 1.2.-.-
entries corresponding to 1.-.-.-