To improve security and privacy, we are moving our web pages and services from HTTP to HTTPS.
To give users of web services time to transition to HTTPS, we will support separate HTTP and HTTPS services until the end of 2017.
From January 2018 most HTTP traffic will be automatically redirected to HTTPS. [more...] View this page in https
ENZYME entry: EC 188.8.131.52
View entry in original ENZYME format
View entry in raw text format (no links)
in this entry
|[Methylamine--corrinoid protein] Co-methyltransferase.
|Methylamine + a [Co(I) methylamine-specific corrinoid protein] <=> a [methyl-Co(III) methylamine-specific corrinoid protein] + ammonia|
- The enzyme, which catalyzes the transfer of a methyl group from
methylamine to a methylamine-specific corrinoid protein (MtmC),
is involved in methanogenesis from methylamine.
- The enzyme contains the unusual amino acid pyrrolysine.
- Methylation of the corrinoid protein requires the central cobalt to
be in the Co(I) state.
- During methylation the cobalt is oxidized to the Co(III) state.
- The methylated corrinoid protein is substrate for EC 184.108.40.206.
|PRIAM enzyme-specific profiles||220.127.116.11|
|KEGG Ligand Database for Enzyme Nomenclature||18.104.22.168|
|IUBMB Enzyme Nomenclature||22.214.171.124|
|MEDLINE||Find literature relating to 126.96.36.199|
, with possibility to download in different formats, align etc.
entries corresponding to 2.1.1.-
entries corresponding to 2.1.-.-
entries corresponding to 2.-.-.-