Due to improvement work scheduled on this server, some services may not be fully operational on Tuesday December 12 daytime (CEST
To improve security and privacy, we are moving our web pages and services from HTTP to HTTPS.
To give users of web services time to transition to HTTPS, we will support separate HTTP and HTTPS services until the end of 2017.
From January 2018 most HTTP traffic will be automatically redirected to HTTPS. [more...] View this page in https
ENZYME entry: EC 220.127.116.11
View entry in original ENZYME format
View entry in raw text format (no links)
in this entry
- A long-chain acyl-[mycocerosic acid synthase] + 3 methylmalonyl-CoA + 6 NADPH <=> a trimethylated-mycocerosoyl-[mycocerosate synthase] + 3 CoA + 3 CO(2) + 6 NADP(+) + 3 H(2)O
- A long-chain acyl-[mycocerosate synthase] + 4 methylmalonyl-CoA + 8 NADPH <=> a tetramethylated-mycocerosoyl-[mycocerosate synthase] + 4 CoA + 4 CO(2) + 8 NADP(+) + 4 H(2)O
- The enzyme, characterized from mycobacteria, is loaded with a long-
chain acyl moiety by EC 18.104.22.168 and elongates it by incorporation of
three or four methylmalonyl (but not malonyl) residues, to form tri-
or tetramethyl-branched fatty-acids, respectively, such as 2,4,6,8-
- Since the enzyme lacks a thioesterase domain, the product remains
bound and requires additional enzyme(s) for removal.
- Even though the enzyme can accept C(6) to C(20) substrates in vitro,
it prefers to act on C(14)-C(20) substrates in vivo.
|PRIAM enzyme-specific profiles||22.214.171.124|
|KEGG Ligand Database for Enzyme Nomenclature||126.96.36.199|
|IUBMB Enzyme Nomenclature||188.8.131.52|
|MEDLINE||Find literature relating to 184.108.40.206|
, with possibility to download in different formats, align etc.
entries corresponding to 2.3.1.-
entries corresponding to 2.3.-.-
entries corresponding to 2.-.-.-