|Acyl carrier protein malonyltransferase.|
|Malonyl coenzyme A-acyl carrier protein transacylase.|
|Malonyl-CoA-acyl carrier protein transacylase.|
|Malonyl-CoA + [acyl-carrier-protein] <=> CoA + malonyl-[acyl-carrier-protein]|
- Essential, along with EC 22.214.171.124, for the initiation of fatty-acid
biosynthesis in bacteria.
- Also provides the malonyl groups for polyketide biosynthesis.
- The product of the reaction, malonyl-ACP, is an elongation substrate
in fatty-acid biosynthesis.
- In Mycobacterium tuberculosis, holo-ACP (the product of EC 126.96.36.199)
is the preferred substrate.
- This enzyme also forms part of the multienzyme complexes EC 188.8.131.52
and EC 184.108.40.206.
- Malonylation of ACP is immediately followed by decarboxylation within
the malonate-decarboxylase complex to yield acetyl-ACP,
the catalytically active species of the decarboxylase.
- In the enzyme from Klebsiella pneumoniae, methylmalonyl-CoA can also
act as a substrate but acetyl-CoA cannot whereas the enzyme from
Pseudomonas putida can use both as substrates.
- The ACP subunit found in fatty-acid biosynthesis contains a
pantetheine-4'-phosphate prosthetic group; that from malonate
decarboxylase also contains pantetheine-4'-phosphate but in the form
of a 2'-(5-triphosphoribosyl)-3'-dephospho-CoA prosthetic group.
|PRIAM enzyme-specific profiles||220.127.116.11|
|KEGG Ligand Database for Enzyme Nomenclature||18.104.22.168|
|IUBMB Enzyme Nomenclature||22.214.171.124|
|MEDLINE||Find literature relating to 126.96.36.199|
|A7Z4X8, BAEC_BACA2; ||A7Z4Y0, BAEE_BACA2; ||P71019, FABD_BACSU; |
|Q8K9J6, FABD_BUCAP; ||Q89AH0, FABD_BUCBP; ||Q8T3L6, FABD_DROME; |
|Q8X8I7, FABD_ECO57; ||P0AAJ0, FABD_ECOL6; ||P0AAI9, FABD_ECOLI; |
|P43712, FABD_HAEIN; ||Q8IVS2, FABD_HUMAN; ||Q8R3F5, FABD_MOUSE; |
|P63459, FABD_MYCBO; ||A0R0B2, FABD_MYCS2; ||P63458, FABD_MYCTU; |
|O85140, FABD_SALTY; ||O13698, FABD_SCHPO; ||Q5HGK3, FABD_STAAC; |
|Q99UN8, FABD_STAAM; ||Q7A5Z3, FABD_STAAN; ||Q6GHK5, FABD_STAAR; |
|Q6G9Y3, FABD_STAAS; ||Q93QD4, FABD_STAAU; ||Q7A124, FABD_STAAW; |
|P73242, FABD_SYNY3; ||Q12283, FABD_YEAST; ||P34731, FAS1_CANAX; |
|Q9UUG0, FAS1_SCHPO; ||P34229, FAS1_YARLI; ||P07149, FAS1_YEAST; |
|Q71SP7, FAS_BOVIN; ||P12276, FAS_CHICK; ||P49327, FAS_HUMAN; |
|P19096, FAS_MOUSE; ||P12785, FAS_RAT; ||Q9R9J2, FENF_BACIU; |
|O34825, PKSC_BACSU; ||O34787, PKSE_BACSU; ||Q92215, TOXC_COCCA; |
, with possibility to download in different formats, align etc.