ENZYME entry: EC 18.104.22.168
View entry in original ENZYME format
View entry in raw text format (no links)
in this entry
|UDP-galactose-dependent DGDG synthase.|
|UDP-galactose-dependent digalactosyldiacylglycerol synthase.|
|UDP-alpha-D-galactose + 3-(beta-D-galactosyl)-1,2-diacyl-sn-glycerol <=> UDP + 3-(alpha-D-galactosyl-(1->6)-beta-D-galactosyl)-1,2-diacyl-sn-glycerol|
- Diacylglycerol cannot serve as an acceptor molecule for
galactosylation as in the reaction catalyzed by EC 22.214.171.124.
- When phosphate is limiting, phospholipids in plant membranes are
reduced but these are replaced, at least in part, by the glycolipids
digalactosyldiacylglycerol (DGDG) and sulfoquinovosyldiacylglycerol.
- While both DGD1 and DGD2 are increased under phosphate-limiting
conditions, DGD2 does not contribute significantly under optimal
- DGD2 is responsible for the synthesis of DGDG molecular species that
are rich in C16 fatty acids at sn-1 of diacylglycerol whereas DGD1
leads to molecular species rich in C18 fatty acids.
- The enzyme has been localized to the outer side of chloroplast
|PRIAM enzyme-specific profiles||126.96.36.199|
|KEGG Ligand Database for Enzyme Nomenclature||188.8.131.52|
|IUBMB Enzyme Nomenclature||184.108.40.206|
|MEDLINE||Find literature relating to 220.127.116.11|
, with possibility to download in different formats, align etc.
entries corresponding to 2.4.1.-
entries corresponding to 2.4.-.-
entries corresponding to 2.-.-.-