To improve security and privacy, we are moving our web pages and services from HTTP to HTTPS.
To give users of web services time to transition to HTTPS, we will support separate HTTP and HTTPS services until the end of 2017.
From January 2018 most HTTP traffic will be automatically redirected to HTTPS. [more...] View this page in https
ENZYME entry: EC 220.127.116.11
View entry in original ENZYME format
View entry in raw text format (no links)
in this entry
- Diacylglycerol + H(2)O <=> monoacylglycerol + a carboxylate
- Triacylglycerol + H(2)O <=> diacylglycerol + a carboxylate
- Monoacylglycerol + H(2)O <=> glycerol + a carboxylate
- This enzyme is a serine hydrolase.
- Compared with other lipases, hormone-sensitive lipase has a uniquely
broad substrate specificity.
- It hydrolyzes all acylglycerols (triacylglycerol, diacylglycerol and
monoacylglycerol) as well as cholesteryl esters, steroid fatty acid
esters, retinyl esters and p-nitrophenyl esters.
- It exhibits a preference for the 1- or 3-ester bond of its
acylglycerol substrate compared with the 2-ester bond.
- The enzyme shows little preference for the fatty acids in the
triacylglycerol, although there is some increase in activity with
decreasing chain length.
- The enzyme activity is increased in response to hormones that elevate
intracellular levels of cAMP.
|PRIAM enzyme-specific profiles||18.104.22.168|
|KEGG Ligand Database for Enzyme Nomenclature||22.214.171.124|
|IUBMB Enzyme Nomenclature||126.96.36.199|
|MEDLINE||Find literature relating to 188.8.131.52|
, with possibility to download in different formats, align etc.
entries corresponding to 3.1.1.-
entries corresponding to 3.1.-.-
entries corresponding to 3.-.-.-