ENZYME entry: EC 18.104.22.168
View entry in original ENZYME format
View entry in raw text format (no links)
in this entry
|1,5-anhydro-D-fructose dehydratase (microthecin-forming).|
- 1,5-anhydro-D-fructose <=> 1,5-anhydro-4-deoxy-D-glycero-hex-3-en-2-ulose + H(2)O
- 1,5-anhydro-4-deoxy-D-glycero-hex-3-en-2-ulose <=> 2-hydroxy-2-(hydroxymethyl)-2H-pyran-3(6H)-one
- This enzyme catalyzes two of the steps in the anhydrofructose
pathway, which leads to the degradation of glycogen and starch via
- Aldose-2-uloses such as 2-dehydroglucose can also act as substrates,
but more slowly.
- This is a bifunctional enzyme that acts as both a lyase and as an
- Differs from EC 22.214.171.124, which can carry out only reaction 1,
is inhibited by its product and requires metal ions for activity.
|PRIAM enzyme-specific profiles||126.96.36.199|
|KEGG Ligand Database for Enzyme Nomenclature||188.8.131.52|
|IUBMB Enzyme Nomenclature||184.108.40.206|
|MEDLINE||Find literature relating to 220.127.116.11|
, with possibility to download in different formats, align etc.
entries corresponding to 4.2.1.-
entries corresponding to 4.2.-.-
entries corresponding to 4.-.-.-