Due to work on this service, it may not be fully operational on Wednesday March 20 between 1.30 pm and 2.30 pm CEST
. Apologies for the inconvenience.
A new class EC 7, Translocases, has been added to the EC list. It will be part of ENZYME from release 2018_10. Read more about EC 7 here.
ENZYME entry: EC 18.104.22.168
View entry in original ENZYME format
View entry in raw text format (no links)
|Aromatic 2-oxoacid reductase.
|(R)-aromatic lactate dehydrogenase.|
- (R)-3-(phenyl)lactate + NAD(+) <=> 3-phenyl-2-oxopropanoate + NADH
- (R)-3-(4-hydroxyphenyl)lactate + NAD(+) <=> 3-(4-hydroxyphenyl)pyruvate + NADH
- (Indol-3-yl)lactate + NAD(+) <=> (indol-3-yl)pyruvate + NADH
- The enzymes from anaerobic bacteria such as Clostridium sporogenes
participate in the fermentation pathways of L-phenylalanine,
L-tyrosine and L-tryptophan.
- The enzyme from the yeast Candida maltosa has similar activity, but,
unlike the bacterial enzyme, requires Mn(2+) and can also use NADPH
with lower activity.
- Formerly EC 22.214.171.124.
|PRIAM enzyme-specific profiles||126.96.36.199|
|KEGG Ligand Database for Enzyme Nomenclature||188.8.131.52|
|IUBMB Enzyme Nomenclature||184.108.40.206|
|MEDLINE||Find literature relating to 220.127.116.11|
entries corresponding to 1.1.1.-
All ENZYME / UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot entries corresponding to 1.1.-.-
All ENZYME / UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot entries corresponding to 1.-.-.-