Due to work on this service, it may not be fully operational on Wednesday March 20 between 1.30 pm and 2.30 pm CEST
. Apologies for the inconvenience.
A new class EC 7, Translocases, has been added to the EC list. It will be part of ENZYME from release 2018_10. Read more about EC 7 here.
ENZYME entry: EC 184.108.40.206
View entry in original ENZYME format
View entry in raw text format (no links)
|(S)-2-hydroxy-2-phenylacetate + acceptor <=> 2-oxo-2-phenylacetate + reduced acceptor|
- While all enzymes of this family oxidize the (S)-enantiomer of an
alpha-hydroxy acid to an alpha-oxo acid, the ultimate oxidant
(oxygen, intramolecular heme or some other acceptor) depends on the
- Transfers the electron pair from FMNH(2) to a component of the
electron transport chain, most probably ubiquinone.
- It is part of a metabolic pathway in Pseudomonads that allows these
organisms to utilize mandelic acid, derivatized from the common soil
metabolite amygdalin, as the sole source of carbon and energy.
- Has a large active-site pocket and preferentially binds substrates
with longer sidechains, e.g. 2-hydroxyoctanoate rather than
- It also prefers substrates that, like (S)-mandelate, have beta
unsaturation, e.g. (indol-3-yl)glycolate compared with (indol-3-
- Esters of mandelate, such as methyl (S)-mandelate, are also
|PRIAM enzyme-specific profiles||220.127.116.11|
|KEGG Ligand Database for Enzyme Nomenclature||18.104.22.168|
|IUBMB Enzyme Nomenclature||22.214.171.124|
|MEDLINE||Find literature relating to 126.96.36.199|
entries corresponding to 1.1.99.-
All ENZYME / UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot entries corresponding to 1.1.-.-
All ENZYME / UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot entries corresponding to 1.-.-.-