A new class EC 7, Translocases, has been added to the EC list. It will be part of ENZYME from release 2018_10. Read more about EC 7 here.
ENZYME entry: EC 126.96.36.199
View entry in original ENZYME format
View entry in raw text format (no links)
|Tetracenomycin A2 monooxygenase-diooxygenase.
|Tetracenomycin A2 + 2 O(2) + 2 NAD(P)H <=> tetracenomycin C + 2 NAD(P)(+) + H(2)O|
- Isolated from the bacterium Streptomyces glaucescens.
- The enzyme was also isolated from the bacterium Streptomyces
olivaceus, where it acts on 8-demethyltetracenomycin A2
(tetracenomycin B2) as part of elloramycin biosynthesis.
- The reaction involves a monooxygenase reaction which is followed by a
dioxygenase reaction giving a gem-diol and an epoxide.
- Water opens the epoxide giving two hydroxy groups.
- The gem-diol eliminates water to give a ketone which is then reduced
to a hydroxy group.
|PRIAM enzyme-specific profiles||188.8.131.52|
|KEGG Ligand Database for Enzyme Nomenclature||184.108.40.206|
|IUBMB Enzyme Nomenclature||220.127.116.11|
|MEDLINE||Find literature relating to 18.104.22.168|
entries corresponding to 1.14.13.-
All ENZYME / UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot entries corresponding to 1.14.-.-
All ENZYME / UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot entries corresponding to 1.-.-.-