ENZYME entry: EC 184.108.40.206
View entry in original ENZYME format
View entry in raw text format (no links)
|L-tryptophan + 2 [reduced NADPH--hemoprotein reductase] + 2 O(2) <=> (E)-indol-3-ylacetaldoxime + 2 [oxidized NADPH--hemoprotein reductase] + CO(2) + 3 H(2)O|
- A cytochrome P450 (heme-thiolate) protein from the plant Arabidopsis
- This enzyme catalyzes two successive N-hydroxylations of
L-tryptophan, the first steps in the biosynthesis of both auxin and
the indole alkaloid phytoalexin camalexin.
- The product of the two hydroxylations, N,N-dihydroxy-L-tryptophan,
is extremely labile and dehydrates spontaneously.
- The dehydrated product is then subject to a decarboxylation that
produces an oxime.
- It is still not known whether the decarboxylation is spontaneous or
catalyzed by the enzyme.
- Formerly EC 220.127.116.11 and EC 1.14.13.n2.
|PRIAM enzyme-specific profiles||18.104.22.168|
|KEGG Ligand Database for Enzyme Nomenclature||22.214.171.124|
|IUBMB Enzyme Nomenclature||126.96.36.199|
|MEDLINE||Find literature relating to 188.8.131.52|
|Rhea expert-curated reactions||184.108.40.206|
entries corresponding to 1.14.14.-
All ENZYME / UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot entries corresponding to 1.14.-.-
All ENZYME / UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot entries corresponding to 1.-.-.-