Due to scheduled maintenance work, this service will not be available from Tuesday August 23rd 06:00 pm until Wednesday August 24th 08:00 am CEST
. Apologies for the inconvenience.
ENZYME entry: EC 22.214.171.124
View entry in original ENZYME format
View entry in raw text format (no links)
|L-tryptophan + 2 O2 + 2 reduced [NADPH--hemoprotein reductase] <=> (E)-(indol-3-yl)acetaldehyde oxime + CO2 + 2 H(+) + 3 H2O + 2 oxidized [NADPH--hemoprotein reductase]|
- A cytochrome P450 (heme-thiolate) protein from the plant Arabidopsis
- This enzyme catalyzes two successive N-hydroxylations of
L-tryptophan, the first steps in the biosynthesis of both auxin and
the indole alkaloid phytoalexin camalexin.
- The product of the two hydroxylations, N,N-dihydroxy-L-tryptophan,
is extremely labile and dehydrates spontaneously.
- The dehydrated product is then subject to a decarboxylation that
produces an oxime.
- It is still not known whether the decarboxylation is spontaneous or
catalyzed by the enzyme.
- Formerly EC 126.96.36.199 and EC 1.14.13.n2.
|PRIAM enzyme-specific profiles||188.8.131.52|
|KEGG Ligand Database for Enzyme Nomenclature||184.108.40.206|
|IUBMB Enzyme Nomenclature||220.127.116.11|
|MEDLINE||Find literature relating to 18.104.22.168|
|Rhea expert-curated reactions||22.214.171.124|
entries corresponding to 1.14.14.-
All ENZYME / UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot entries corresponding to 1.14.-.-
All ENZYME / UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot entries corresponding to 1.-.-.-