ENZYME entry: EC 126.96.36.199
View entry in original ENZYME format
View entry in raw text format (no links)
|aromatic aldoxime N-monooxygenase.
- (E)-(indol-3-yl)acetaldehyde oxime + glutathione + O2 + reduced [NADPH--hemoprotein reductase] <=> (E)-1-(glutathione-S-yl)-2-(1H-indol-3-yl)acetohydroximate + H(+) + 2 H2O + oxidized [NADPH--hemoprotein reductase]
- (E)-phenylacetaldehyde oxime + glutathione + O2 + reduced [NADPH--hemoprotein reductase] <=> (Z)-1-(glutathione-S-yl)-2-phenylacetohydroximate + H(+) + 2 H2O + oxidized [NADPH--hemoprotein reductase]
- Involved in the biosynthesis of glucosinolates in plants.
- The enzyme catalyzes the N-hydroxylation of aromatic aldoximes
derived from L-tryptophan and L-phenylalanine, forming an aci-nitro
intermediate that reacts non-enzymically with glutathione to produce
an N-alkyl-thiohydroximate adduct, the committed precursor of
- In the absence of glutathione, the enzyme is suicidal, probably due
to interaction of the reactive aci-nitro compound with catalytic
residues in the active site.
|PRIAM enzyme-specific profiles||188.8.131.52|
|KEGG Ligand Database for Enzyme Nomenclature||184.108.40.206|
|IUBMB Enzyme Nomenclature||220.127.116.11|
|MEDLINE||Find literature relating to 18.104.22.168|
|Rhea expert-curated reactions||22.214.171.124|
entries corresponding to 1.14.14.-
All ENZYME / UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot entries corresponding to 1.14.-.-
All ENZYME / UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot entries corresponding to 1.-.-.-