A new class EC 7, Translocases, has been added to the EC list. It will be part of ENZYME from release 2018_10. Read more about EC 7 here.
ENZYME entry: EC 188.8.131.52
View entry in original ENZYME format
View entry in raw text format (no links)
|Pheophorbide a oxygenase.
|Pheide a monooxygenase.|
|Pheide a oxygenase.|
|Pheophorbide a + 2 reduced ferredoxin [iron-sulfur] cluster + 2 H(+) + O(2) <=> red chlorophyll catabolite + 2 oxidized ferredoxin [iron-sulfur] cluster|
- This enzyme catalyzes a key reaction in chlorophyll degradation,
which occurs during leaf senescence and fruit ripening in higher
- The enzyme from Arabidopsis contains a Rieske-type iron-sulfur
cluster and requires reduced ferredoxin, which is generated either by
NADPH through the pentose-phosphate pathway or by the action of
- While still attached to this enzyme, the product is rapidly converted
into primary fluorescent chlorophyll catabolite by the action of
- Pheophorbide b acts as an inhibitor.
- In (18)O(2) labelling experiments, only the aldehyde oxygen is
labelled, suggesting that the other oxygen atom may originate from
- Formerly EC 184.108.40.206.
|PRIAM enzyme-specific profiles||220.127.116.11|
|KEGG Ligand Database for Enzyme Nomenclature||18.104.22.168|
|IUBMB Enzyme Nomenclature||22.214.171.124|
|MEDLINE||Find literature relating to 126.96.36.199|
entries corresponding to 1.14.15.-
All ENZYME / UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot entries corresponding to 1.14.-.-
All ENZYME / UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot entries corresponding to 1.-.-.-