A new class EC 7, Translocases, has been added to the EC list. It will be part of ENZYME from release 2018_10. Read more about EC 7 here.
ENZYME entry: EC 188.8.131.52
View entry in original ENZYME format
View entry in raw text format (no links)
|Red chlorophyll catabolite reductase.
|Red Chl catabolite reductase.|
|Primary fluorescent chlorophyll catabolite + 2 oxidized ferredoxin [iron-sulfur] cluster <=> red chlorophyll catabolite + 2 reduced ferredoxin [iron-sulfur] cluster + 2 H(+)|
- The enzyme participates in chlorophyll degradation, which occurs
during leaf senescence and fruit ripening in higher plants.
- The reaction requires reduced ferredoxin, which is generated from
NADPH produced either through the pentose-phosphate pathway or by the
action of photosystem I.
- This reaction takes place while red chlorophyll catabolite is still
bound to EC 184.108.40.206.
- Depending on the plant species used as the source of enzyme, one of
two possible C-1 epimers of primary fluorescent chlorophyll
catabolite (pFCC), pFCC-1 or pFCC-2, is normally formed, with all
genera or species within a family producing the same isomer.
- After modification and export, pFCCs are eventually imported into the
vacuole, where the acidic environment causes their non-enzymic
conversion into colorless breakdown products called non-fluorescent
chlorophyll catabolites (NCCs).
- Formerly EC 220.127.116.11.
|PRIAM enzyme-specific profiles||18.104.22.168|
|KEGG Ligand Database for Enzyme Nomenclature||22.214.171.124|
|IUBMB Enzyme Nomenclature||126.96.36.199|
|MEDLINE||Find literature relating to 188.8.131.52|
entries corresponding to 1.3.7.-
All ENZYME / UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot entries corresponding to 1.3.-.-
All ENZYME / UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot entries corresponding to 1.-.-.-