A new class EC 7, Translocases, has been added to the EC list. It will be part of ENZYME from release 2018_10. Read more about EC 7 here.
ENZYME entry: EC 126.96.36.199
View entry in original ENZYME format
View entry in raw text format (no links)
|Nicotinic acid hydroxylase.|
|Nicotinate + H(2)O + NADP(+) <=> 6-hydroxynicotinate + NADPH|
|Fe cation; Flavoprotein.
- The enzyme is capable of acting on a variety of nicotinate analogs to
varying degrees, including pyrazine-2-carboxylate, pyrazine 2,3-
dicarboxylate, trigonelline and 6-methylnicotinate.
- The enzyme from Clostridium barkeri also possesses a catalytically
essential, labile selenium that can be removed by reaction with
- Forms part of the nicotinate-fermentation catabolism pathway in
- Other enzymes involved in this pathway are EC 188.8.131.52, EC 184.108.40.206,
EC 220.127.116.111, EC 18.104.22.168, EC 22.214.171.124, EC 126.96.36.199 and EC 188.8.131.52.
- Formerly EC 184.108.40.206.
|PRIAM enzyme-specific profiles||220.127.116.11|
|KEGG Ligand Database for Enzyme Nomenclature||18.104.22.168|
|IUBMB Enzyme Nomenclature||22.214.171.124|
|MEDLINE||Find literature relating to 126.96.36.199|
entries corresponding to 1.17.1.-
All ENZYME / UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot entries corresponding to 1.17.-.-
All ENZYME / UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot entries corresponding to 1.-.-.-